Curriculum for the Toddler Program (2 yr. olds)
The Toddler Program at The Hebrew Academy is a nurturing and stimulating program that is designed to aid in the child’s process of development. It responds to the needs of the child in each stage, Children thrive in an environment that provides modeling behavior for children, space for movement, and hands-on learning materials.
The curriculum for the Toddler Program focuses learning on the following areas:
- Knows first name.
- Uses words to express wants.
- Names familiar people and pets.
- Uses pronouns “me” and “my.”
- Names pictures in a picture book.
- Points to parts on a doll’s body.
- Makes two or three word sentences.
- Complies with simple commands.
- Identifies relations of family’s members.
- Starts to express emerging independence.
- Sings songs and rhymes.
- Identifies some primary and secondary colors.
- Identifies shapes and sorts by shapes and color.
- Counts up to 3.
- Aware of “one more.”
- Knows “how many” to three.
- Knows some basic geometric shapes.
- Completes puzzles – more than 4 pieces.
- Recalls objects (i.e. memory games).
- Identifies different textures (i.e. soft, hard, rough).
- Starts to learn positional concepts: up, down, inside, outside, in front of, in back of, etc.